As spring approaches (hopefully sooner than later), the stress of figuring out how to pay for college begins to settle in. After all, you’ve spent the last year freaking out about applying to colleges and then freaking out even more waiting to hear back from college admissions…So, you probably haven’t thought too heavily about how you’ll scrap up the tuition.
Lucky for you, Education Today’s Suzanne Shaffer has made a list of 10 great college scholarships for all kinds of students. Here are the 10 scholarships she recommends for this spring:
1. Holocaust Remembrance Project Essay Contest
Scholarship award: 10 first place winners–$2,500 to $5,000; 10 second place winners–$500, 10 third place winners–$250.
2. New Threats to Freedom Scholarships
Scholarship award: $1000 to $5,000
3. Marine Technology Society Scholarships
Scholarship award: up to $10,000
4. Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest
Scholarship award: first place-$5,000 second place-$3,000 third place-$2,000
5. Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
Scholarship award: renewable $25,000/year for 100 college freshmen and $2,000/year for 1,000 college freshmen
6. Cappex “I Don’t Want to Pay for College” Scholarship
Scholarship award: easy application for $1,000
7. ScholarshipExperts.com Essay Scholarship
Scholarship award: $1,000 to $3,000
8. DAR (Daughters of the Revolution) Scholarship
Scholarship award: varies
9. 2,000 “No Essay” College Scholarship
Scholarship award: $2,000
10. AARP Women’s Scholarship
Scholarship award: $500 to $5,000
And if you want even more scholarships, there’s a goldmine on Cappex.