University of West Georgia
1601 Maple St
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
- Scholarship Description
- The Charles Wadsworth Music Scholarship was established in 1990 by a citizens group from Newnan, Georgia, to honor Charles Wadsworth. The scholarship is awarded to an incoming University of West Georgia music major who demonstrates artistic excellence and potential as an instrumentalist or vocalist. This $2,000-per-year scholarship, renewable by audition for up to four years, is awarded to one winning instrumentalist of vocalist in a performance competition. This award cannot be combined with any additional Music or Foundation scholarships, but it can be combined with the HOPE scholarship.
All incoming freshmen who are eligible for admission to the University of West Georgia and who are planning to major in music must audition before the music faculty on their principal performing instrument or voice for admission to the music major. A scholarship audition may serve as a student's entrance audition. Students are evaluated to indicate basic knowledge of music and to aid in proper placement and advising.
The music major entering the Department of Music by transfer must submit an official transcript of all previous college work to the Chair of the Department of Music in addition to the transcript sent to the UWG Office of Admissions. The applicant should be prepared to validate achievements in the area of applied music, music theory, aural skills, keyboard proficiency, and the history and literature of music. Plans for the removal of any deficiency must be initiated during the first registration period. Transfer students must have completed the required credits in lower-division applied study (MUSC 2600A-Q) and pass the level-change examination in order to register for upper-division applied study (MUSC 4600A-Q: Principal Applied). For transfer students who have completed the required credits in lower-division applied, the level-change examination may take place during the entrance audition. Otherwise it will occur during the applied jury examination in the semester when the student is ready for advancement from the lower-division to the upper-division level of study.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Renewable by audition for up to four years.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- The music major entering the Department of Music by transfer must submit an official transcript of all previous college work to the Chair of the Department of Music. The applicant should be prepared to validate achievements in the area of applied music, music theory, aural skills, keyboard proficiency, and the history and literature of music.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile