102 N. Main Street
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
General Merit Scholarships
- Scholarship Description
- All students admitted to Davidson are automatically considered for a limited number of General Merit Scholarships. These awards, which can range from $500 to $15,000 annually, are made without regard to financial need and are intended to recognize those students whose accomplishments mark them as having extraordinary potential for impact on the Davidson community and for future contributions to society. Recipients are selected primarily on the basis of the strength of their applications for admission; no separate scholarship application is required for these awards. Early Decision and Regular Decision candidates are evaluated equally. Once academic excellence is established, General Merit Scholarships may also be awarded with additional preferences that recognize those skills, interests and experiences marked as key to the vitality of the Davidson experience. These include but are not limted to: first-generation students, scholar-athletes, students from specific geographic regions, students with specific academic interests, students with leadership skills or a significant commitment to service, and others. Approximately 10 percent of each enrolling class will be offered a merit-based scholarship.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- All merit-based scholarships are renewable for a student's four years at Davidson, provided grade point average, progress-toward-degree requirements, and any award-specific requirements are met.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile