||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Marquis Scholars Program
- Scholarship Description
- Marquis Scholars receive an annual minimum award of $20,000 ($80,000 over four years). Financial aid applicants who are designated as Marquis Scholars and whose financial need exceeds $20,000 will receive a scholarship up to demonstrated need minus a campus job ($2,000) and a loan, depending on family income (no loan for incomes under $50,000; a $3,500 loan per year for incomes between $50,000 and $100,000). Other special benefits of the Marquis Scholars program include participation in special events and activities, including cultural opportunities; a scholarship of up to $4,000 for one faculty-led off campus course during an interim session. Lafayette offers a wide variety of special, intensive courses on campus and abroad during the January interim session and in May.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- The scholarship is renewed each year at Lafayette provided the student maintains a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 and is enrolled full- time.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Lafayette seeks students who have demonstrated intellectual curiosity in addition to their superior academic achievement. Curriculum, grades, rank in graduating class, and scores on standardized tests are all considered. Furthermore, the College looks for students creatively engaged in the life of their communities and who, like the College’s namesake, have “made a difference” through significant accomplishments in school and community. Scholarship recipients are typically at the top of their graduating class in the most demanding curriculum available, with SAT scores (Critical Reading and Math) in the mid-1300s or better or ACT Composite score of 31 or better. No special application is required to be considered for the Marquis Scholarship, and all students admitted under both Early Decision and Regular Decision are considered. Students are notified of their selection at the time of admission. We anticipate enrolling approximately 10% of the entering class as Marquis Scholars.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile