Black Hills State University
1200 University St
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
American Business Women's Association
- Scholarship Description
- These scholarships are sponsored annually by the Northern Hills Chapter of American Business Women. Four scholarships in the amount of $1000 each will be awarded to full-time students attending Black Hills State University and pursuing an undergraduate or associate degree in a declared major. One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Spearfish High School senior who plans to enroll full-time at BHSU for the Fall 2008 semester; one scholarship to a non-traditional student, age 24 or older, who is presently attending BHSU and planning to enroll for the 2008 Fall semester and two scholarships will be awarded to traditional students presently attending BHSU who plan to continue their enrollment for the Fall 2008 semester. Each scholarship is designated for payment of tuition and fees and will be available at BHSU registration in the amount of $500 for the Fall 2008 semester and $500 for the Spring 2009 semester. The selected scholarship recipients will be notified prior to May 1, 2008.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
1. A student who is presently enrolled as a full-time (12 hours) student at Black Hills State University and planning to enroll as a full-time student at BHSU for the Fall 2008 semester pursuing an undergraduate or associate degree in a declared major. or A Spearfish High School senior who plans to enrolled as a full-time student at BHSU for the Fall 2008 semester and pursue an undergraduate or associated degree in a declared major.
2. GPA of 2.5 or greater.
3. Members or relatives of a member of the Northern Hills Chapter of ABWA are not eligible. (Members or relatives of members may apply through other area chapters or the national chapter)
4. Citizen of the United States.
5. Past recipients of ABWA scholarships are welcome to apply.
Selection Criteria: Selection will be on a point basis.
Item Points Possible
1. Completed application with all attachments included.
2. Official transcript from BHSU or Spearfish High School with indication of GPA as of last grading period. Candidate must have a GPA of 2.5 or 2.5 = 1 3.0 = 2 3.5 = 3 4.0 = 4
3. Biographical statement including educational background (1), school/community Involvement (5), career goals (1), and other pertinent information about candidate
4. Instructions for Completion of Application Package:
1. Application must be completed and signed by the applicant with all attachments included.
2. Application must be keyboard generated or hand printed using black ink.
3. Attach the following documents to the completed application:
a. One letter of reference from a teacher or counselor.
b. One personal letter of reference.
c. One employment letter of reference.
d. Most recent official high school or university transcript.
e. Brief (not to exceed one page) biographical statement that includes:
(1) Educational background
(2) School and community involvement
(3) Career goals
(4) Other pertinent information about yourself.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- One scholarship to a non-traditional student, age 24 or older, who is presently attending BHSU and planning to enroll for the 2008 Fall semester and two scholarships will be awarded to traditional students presently attending BHSU who plan to continue their enrollment for the Fall 2008 semester.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile