Green Mountain College prepares students for productive, caring, and fulfilling lives by taking the environment as the unifying theme underlying its academic and co-curricular programs. This innovative interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts education is grounded in the institution’s strong tradition of effective teaching and mentoring, and is complemented by a diversity of community-oriented campus life opportunities. Through a wide range of liberal arts and career-focused majors, the college fosters the ideals of environmental responsibility, public service, global understanding, and lifelong intellectual, physical, and spiritual development.
This is a fellowship for doctoral students writing dissertations on topics related to women’s and gender studies. Students who are enrolled in the WGS Ph.D. Portfolio Program are eligible. There is approximately $2000 available. One or two awards will be made, as determined by the selection committee. The awards will be announced at the Women’s and Gender Studies Spring Awards Reception in late April/early May, date TBA. Funds will be available the following fall semester.
To be eligible, applicants must be full-time graduate students in good standing at The University of Texas-Austin, must be in doctoral candidacy no later than August 15th 2008 and be enrolled as a WGS Ph.D. Portfolio student by February 25th 2008. Information on the WGS Portfolio Program is available online.
Preference will be given to those completing their dissertation by August 2009. Applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
1. Letter of recommendation from dissertation chair;
2. Contributions of the project to the field of Women's and Gender Studies;
3. Soundness of research design;
4. Ability of the student to complete the project as a dissertation; and
5. Quality of the proposal.
Application forms are available from Women’s and Gender Studies, WWH 401 or call Women’s and Gender Studies: 471-5765.
Please send to the Women's and Gender Studies Office:
* A one to two page vita (three copies)
* A signed application form (three copies)
* A two-page description of the dissertation project (three copies)
* A separately submitted letter of recommendation from the dissertation adviser emphasizing why this dissertation topic is relevant to Women’s and Gender Studies, your ability to carry out the project, and the faculty member’s working relationship with you on the project.
Application materials must be properly collated into three packets. Applications are due by February 25th 2008.
Number of Awards
Award Criteria Requirements:
This is a fellowship for doctoral students writing dissertations on topics related to women’s and gender studies.
Cappex is the company behind CollegeGreenlight.com.
College Greenlight is a service provided by Cappex.com, a leading college search website that has relationships with hundreds of colleges nationwide and years of experience helping millions of students achieve their college dreams.