This scholarship is for undergraduate students who have declared a major in geology or earth science. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be at least sophomores attending a four-year accredited college/university in the United States. Applicants must also be student members of AIPG or have applied for student membership at the time the application is submitted (student membership is free). Each student who is awarded a scholarship agrees, by accepting the scholarship, to prepare a 600- to 800-word article for publication in The Professional Geologist.
How easy is it to apply?
This scholarship has application requirements that could take a lot of time and effort.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
College Major: Is this you?
- Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology, General
- Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology, Other
- Earth Science Teacher Education
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Geochemistry and Petrology
- Geography Teacher Education
- Geography, Other
- Geological and Earth Sciences/Geosciences, Other
- Geology/Earth Science, General
- Geophysics and Seismology
- Hydrology and Water Resources Science
- Oceanography, Chemical and Physical
Community Groups: Is this you?
- American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG)