This scholarship is for students enrolled full-time at an accredited US veterinary medical school. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement, activities with purebred dogs or related research, and need. Scholarship application materials are sent to all accredited veterinary schools each January. Applications are not accepted from individuals; interested students should contact the financial aid office at their school for more information. The AKC selection committee reviews all the applications and selects recipients in June.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
Class Year: Is this you?
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
College Major: Is this you?
- Large Animal/Food Animal and Equine Surgery and Medicine
- Pre-Veterinary Studies
- Small/Companion Animal Surgery and Medicine
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Anesthesiology
- Veterinary Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, Other
- Veterinary Dentistry
- Veterinary Dermatology
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Medicine
- Veterinary Infectious Diseases
- Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Microbiology and Immunobiology
- Veterinary Nutrition
- Veterinary Ophthalmology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Pathology and Pathobiology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Practice
- Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- Veterinary Preventive Medicine Epidemiology, and Public Health
- Veterinary Radiology
- Veterinary Residency Programs, Other
- Veterinary Sciences/Veterinary Clinical Sciences, General
- Veterinary Surgery
- Veterinary Toxicology
- Veterinary Toxicology and Pharmacology
- Veterinary/Animal Health Technology/Technician and Veterinary Assistant
- Poultry Veterinarian Residency Program
- Veterinary Behaviorist Residency Program
- Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology Residency Program