Whoa now, speedy. This scholarship has other requirements that you may not qualify for. Make sure to read them in the Requirements section before you apply.
This scholarship is for full-time college juniors and seniors at a public university in Mississippi or at Southern University in Louisiana. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be majoring in criminal justice, political science, or counseling. Applicants must have a stated career interest in juvenile justice or a similar field and have demonstrated a strong commitment to community and public service. Applicants must be US citizens and have at least a current GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Demonstrated financial need must be provided via the student’s university or college financial aid office.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
The deadline for this scholarship has passed.
GPA: Is this you?
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College junior
- College senior
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- American Government and Politics (United States)
- Corrections Administration
- Corrections and Criminal Justice, Other
- Counseling Psychology
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science
- Developmental and Child Psychology
- Forensic Science and Technology
- Juvenile Corrections
- Mental Health Counseling/Counselor
- Political Science and Government, General
- Political Science and Government, Other
- School Psychology
- Securities Services Administration/Management
- Security and Loss Prevention Services
- Security and Protective Services, Other
- Social Work
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling/Counselor
- Clinical, Counseling and Applied Psychology, Other
- Law Enforcement Investigation and Interviewing
- Law Enforcement Record-Keeping and Evidence Management
- Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
- Financial Forensics and Fraud Investigation
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysis
- Critical Incident Response/Special Police Operations
- Protective Services Operations
- Suspension and Debarment Investigation
- Maritime Law Enforcement
- Homeland Security
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism Operations
- Homeland Security, Other
- Political Economy
Must have a career interest in juvenile justice or a similar field. Must attend a Mississippi public college or university or Southern University (Louisiana applicants).