This scholarship is for physics majors who intend to prepare for and engage in a career in physics teaching at the high school level. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be enrolled at an accredited two- or four-year college/university, or be high school seniors accepted for such enrollment. Applicants must show promise of success in their studies and be US citizens. Applicants from Allegheny College will be given preference. Scholarship applications are accepted at any time; applications are considered for recommendation each winter meeting.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
|Renewable:||This scholarship is renewable|
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
College Major: Is this you?
- Astronomy and Astrophysics, Other
- Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics
- Atomic/Molecular Physics
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Other
- Biochemistry/Biophysics and Molecular Biology
- Chemical Physics
- Elementary Particle Physics
- Engineering Physics
- Geophysics and Seismology
- Health/Medical Physics
- Molecular Biophysics
- Nuclear Physics
- Physics Teacher Education
- Physics, General
- Physics, Other
- Plasma and High-Temperature Physics
- Soil Chemistry and Physics
- Solid State and Low-Temperature Physics
- Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
Must intend to pursue a career in physics teaching at the high school level.