Whoa now, speedy. This scholarship has other requirements that you may not qualify for. Make sure to read them in the Requirements section before you apply.
This scholarship program is for graduating high school seniors who are residents of Detriot, Michigan. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, demonstrate financial need, and attend an accredited four-year college or university in Michigan, or an accredited four-year historically black college or university nationwide. Applicants must plan to pursue a degree in one of the areas of emphasis for the Coleman A. Young Foundation (CAYF) which include: liberal arts, education, economics, finance, engineering, and science. Applicants who are accepted as scholars will receive support and guidance from CAYF staff members who will assist with school and life challenges. Scholars are expected to give back to the foundation by helping in the office and with CAYF events and by improving their own community through volunteer and mentorship activities.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
The deadline for this scholarship has passed.
|Renewable:||This scholarship is renewable|
GPA: Is this you?
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
Area Of Study: Is this you?
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, and Gender Studies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Engineering Technologies/Technicians
- English Language and Literature/Letters
- Foreign languages, literatures, and Linguistics
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Social Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Visual and Performing Arts
Must attend an accredited four-year college or university in Michigan, or an accredited four-year historically black college or university nationwide. Must also major in an area mentioned above.