This scholarship is for residents of Chicago, Illinois, or Los Angeles, California. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be college sophomores majoring in nursing, secondary health, or science education. Applicants must be African American, have a 3.0 GPA in science courses, and be participating in activities at their college or university. Scholarship applications are accepted throughout the year, and applicants may apply for more than one fund offered by the AKA-EAF.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Chicago, Illinois; or Los Angeles, California
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Biology Teacher Education
- Chemistry Teacher Education
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Community Health Services/Liaison/Counseling
- Critical Care Nursing
- Environmental Health
- Family Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner
- Health Aide
- Health Aides/Attendants/Orderlies, Other
- Health and Physical Education, General
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other
- Health Occupations Teacher Education
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences, Other
- Health Services Administration
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences, General
- Health Teacher Education
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management
- Home Health Aide/Home Attendant
- International Public Health/International Health
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions, Other
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nurse/Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant
- Nursing Administration (MSN, MS, PhD)
- Nursing Science (MS, PhD)
- Nursing, Other
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN)
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Physics Teacher Education
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health Education and Promotion
- Public Health Medicine
- Public Health, General
- Public Health, Other
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education
- Earth Science Teacher Education
- Health and Wellness, General
- Behavioral Aspects of Health
- Holistic Health
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Public Health and General Preventive Medicine Residency Program
Ethnicity: Is this you?
- African American
Must have a 3.0 GPA in science courses.