This scholarship is for residents of Chicago, Illinois, or Los Angeles, California. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be college sophomores majoring in nursing, secondary health, or science education. Applicants must be African American, have a 3.0 GPA in science courses, and be participating in activities at their college or university. Scholarship applications are accepted throughout the year, and applicants may apply for more than one fund offered by the AKA-EAF.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Chicago or Los Angeles
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Behavioral Aspects of Health
- Biology Teacher Education
- Chemistry Teacher Education
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Community Health Services/Liaison/Counseling
- Critical Care Nursing
- Earth Science Teacher Education
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Environmental Health
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Health Aide
- Health Aides/Attendants/Orderlies, Other
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, General
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other
- Health and Wellness, General
- Health Occupations Teacher Education
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences, Other
- Health Services Administration
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences, General
- Health Teacher Education
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management
- Holistic Health
- Home Health Aide/Home Attendant
- International Public Health/International Health
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions, Other
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Nursing Science
- Nursing, Other
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Physics Teacher Education
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health and General Preventive Medicine Residency Program
- Public Health Education and Promotion
- Public Health Medicine
- Public Health, General
- Public Health, Other
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing
Ethnicity: Is this you?
- African American
Must have a 3.0 GPA in science courses.