This scholarship is for full-time students attending an accredited college, university, or vocational institution in the United States. To qualify, applicants must be working toward a technical career that is in short supply and high demand by electric utilities. Each applicant must be attending school in a county with at least one DEED member utility and must be sponsored by a DEED member utility, located in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
Home State: Is this you?
- American Samoa
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
College Major: Is this you?
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical and Power Transmission Installation/Installer, General
- Electrical and Power Transmission Installers, Other
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Other
- Electrical/Electronics Drafting and Electrical/Electronics CAD/CADD
- Electrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General
- Electrical/Electronics Maintenance and Repair Technology, Other
- Energy Management and Systems Technology/Technician
- Hydraulics and Fluid Power Technology/Technician
- Nuclear/Nuclear Power Technology/Technician
- Solar Energy Technology/Technician
Must live in a county with at least one DEED member utility and be sponsored by a DEED member utility.
Visit site for more details.