Whoa now, speedy. This scholarship has other requirements that you may not qualify for. Make sure to read them in the Requirements section before you apply.
This scholarship is for Texas graduating high school students and high school graduates. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be pursuing degree programs in the field of sports sciences, kinesiology, conservation, physical education, recreation and tourism management and/or other related courses of study which may contribute to the field of parks and recreation with the intent to enter the recreation, parks, and lesiure service field as a career. Applicants must be accepted to an accredited college or university to be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours. Preference will be given to applicants attending a Texas college or university. Applicants must meet one of the following criteria: have a high school class ranking of at least the top quarter; a 2.5 GPA; a minimum 850 SAT; or minimum score of 21 on the ACT.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
The deadline for this scholarship has passed.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Air Traffic Controller
- Air Transportation, Other
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew
- Aviation/Airway Management and Operations
- Flight Instructor
- Health and Physical Education, General
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies, Other
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism
- Golf Course Operation and Grounds Management
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management, Other
- Physical Fitness Technician
- Sports Studies
- Outdoor Education
Must meet the above qualifications.