This scholarship is for Texas graduating high school students and high school graduates. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be pursuing degree programs in the field of sports sciences, kinesiology, conservation, physical education, recreation and tourism management and/or other related courses of study which may contribute to the field of parks and recreation with the intent to enter the recreation, parks, and leisure service field as a career. Applicants must be accepted to an accredited college or university to be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours. Preference will be given to applicants attending a Texas college or university. Applicants must meet one of the following criteria: have a high school class ranking of at least the top quarter; a 2.5 GPA; a minimum 850 SAT; or minimum score of 21 on the ACT.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Air Traffic Controller
- Air Transportation, Other
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew
- Aviation/Airway Management and Operations
- Flight Instructor
- Golf Course Operation and Grounds Management
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, General
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism
- Outdoor Education
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management, General
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management, Other
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies, Other
- Physical Fitness Technician
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
- Sports Studies
- Tourism and Travel Services Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations
- Tourism Promotion Operations
Must meet the above qualifications.