This scholarship is for students of Hispanic heritage who are majoring in culinary arts or food sciences. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and plan to enroll full-time starting in 2014-2015 in a degree-seeking program within the United States as first-year freshmen at a four-year US accredited institution and obtaining their first undergraduate degree. Applicants must have a permanent address in one of the following areas: California (counties of Merced, Madera, Kings, Tulare, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego, or Imperial), Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, or Wisconsin. Applicants also must apply for federal financial aid by completing the FAFSA. Scholarship winners must be willing to complete 10 hours per month of community service to be tracked by GOYA.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
College Major: Is this you?
- Baking and Pastry Arts/Baker/Pastry Chef
- Cooking and Related Culinary Arts, General
- Culinary Arts and Related Services, Other
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant
- Food Service, Waiter/Waitress, and Dining Room Management/Manager
- Institutional Food Workers
- Meat Cutting/Meat Cutter
- Personal and Culinary Services, Other
- Restaurant, Culinary, and Catering Management/Manager
- Culinary Science/Culinology
- Wine Steward/Sommelier