This scholarship is for graduate students who are enrolled in an accredited institution in North America. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have strong academic qualifications and have academic and/or career goals focused on making a significant positive difference in the long-term protection of wilderness in the United States. Graduate students in natural resources management, law, or policy programs are strongly encouraged to apply. This scholarship is meant to support research and preparation of a paper on an aspect of wilderness. Proposals relating to climate change, as well as other topics regarding wilderness conservation, are strongly encouraged. To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter, a proposal, a resume or curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation.
How easy is it to apply?
This scholarship has application requirements that could take a lot of time and effort.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
Class Year: Is this you?
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
College Major: Is this you?
- Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Law
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Control Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Engineering Technology/Environmental Technology
- Environmental Psychology
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Toxicology
- Fishing and Fisheries Sciences and Management
- Forest Management/Forest Resources Management
- Forest Resources Production and Management
- Forest Sciences and Biology
- Forest Technology/Technician
- Forestry, General
- Forestry, Other
- Land Use Planning and Management/Development
- Natural Resource Economics
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism
- Natural Resources and Conservation, Other
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research, Other
- Natural Resources Law Enforcement and Protective Services
- Natural Resources Management and Policy
- Natural Resources Management and Policy, Other
- Natural Resources/Conservation, General
- Urban Forestry
- Water, Wetlands, and Marine Resources Management
- Wildlife Biology
- Wildlife, Fish and Wildlands Science and Management
- Wood Science and Wood Products/Pulp and Paper Technology