This scholarship is for college graduates with a bachelor's degree who are studying for a postgraduate degree in Graphic Communications/Graphic Arts. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a demonstrate interest in Graphic Communications and/or Graphic Arts and plan to pursue a career in the field. Applicants must be from one of the five boroughs of New York City; the New York counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, or Rockland; or the New Jersey counties of Bergen, Essex, or Union. To apply for this scholarship, applicants must submit a one-page double-spaced statement discussing their interest in graphic communications and why they should be considered for a scholarship. Applicants must also submit a portfolio in their area of expertise (e.g., design and production, illustration, layout, photography, video, web design, typography, etc.). Applicants must include a minimum of five pieces of art/design work showing a range of talent and style. Only prints, CDs, or DVDs will be accepted.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Class Year: Is this you?
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
- New Jersey
- New York
Location: Is this you?
- New York City Metropolitan Area
College Major: Is this you?
- Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects
- Art/Art Studies, General
- Audiovisual Communications Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Ceramic Arts and Ceramics
- Commercial and Advertising Art
- Commercial Photography
- Communications Technologies/Technicians and Support Services, Other
- Communications Technology/Technician
- Computer Typography and Composition Equipment Operator
- Costume Design
- Crafts/Craft Design, Folk Art and Artisanry
- Design and Applied Arts, Other
- Design and Visual Communications, General
- Digital Arts
- Fashion/Apparel Design
- Fiber, Textile and Weaving Arts
- Fine and Studio Arts Management
- Fine Arts and Art Studies, Other
- Fine/Studio Arts, General
- Game and Interactive Media Design
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator, General Production
- Graphic Communications, General
- Graphic Communications, Other
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design
- Industrial and Product Design
- Interior Design
- Metal and Jewelry Arts
- Photographic and Film/Video Technology/Technician and Assistant
- Prepress/Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design
- Printing Management
- Printing Press Operator
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Technology/Technician
- Recording Arts Technology/Technician
- Visual and Performing Arts, General
- Visual and Performing Arts, Other
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design