This scholarship is for residents of Oregon or Clark County, Washington. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or children of LGBT parents. Applicants must be enrolled in post-secondary education, be majoring in the arts, and demonstrate financial need. To apply for this scholarship, applicants must submit a letter of interest by April 30, 2014; see website for further details. Note that scholarship funding cannot be used at the University of Portland and not be accepted at Concordia University, since these institutions refuse to sign a sexual orientation and gender identity non-discrimination statement.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Clark County, Washington, or the state of Oregon
Area Of Study: Is this you?
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, and Gender Studies
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- English Language and Literature/Letters
- Foreign languages, literatures, and Linguistics
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Social Sciences
- Visual and Performing Arts
Other Qualifications: Is this you?
- Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender/Queer (LGBTQ) or LGBTQ Ally