This scholarship is for students in Accomack and Northampton County, Virginia; Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester County, Maryland; and Sussex County, Delaware; who are majoring in nursing. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must agree to work at least 12.5 hours/week at Atlantic General Hospital Health System while maintaining full-time status in their educational program. In exchange, scholarship recipients receive full payment of tuition and books, health care benefits at no charge, and a flexible work schedule. Upon successful completion of the nursing program and the licensing exam, recipients must work as Registered Nurses at Atlantic General Hospital/Health System for 12 months for each school year they received scholarship support. Application materials for this scholarship are available in early April; the deadline is in May.
How easy is it to apply?
This scholarship has application requirements that could take a lot of time and effort.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Accomack or Northampton County, Virginia; Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, or Worcester County, Maryland; or Sussex County, Delaware
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Nursing Science
- Nursing, Other
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing