This scholarship is for high school, undergraduate, and post-graduate students who have been residents of Carroll County, Maryland, for at least one year. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be pursuing studies in general history or a specialty area of study in history including but not limited to: museums, archival, library, historic preservation, material culture, American studies, archaeology, anthropology, art of architectural history, or preservation technology; or pursuing a recognized certification or apprentice program dedicated to traditional arts, industries, trades or crafts. For the later, the granting institution must be certified by a professional association or organization. Applicants must also meet the following criteria: demonstrate exemplary character and high academic standards; demonstrate diverse interests, with special interests in the areas of the Humanities or Sciences; and exhibit extracurricular, volunteer, work experience, or internship in some related area.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Carroll County
College Major: Is this you?
- American History (United States)
- American/United States Studies/Civilization
- Anthropology, Other
- Architectural History and Criticism, General
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation
- Asian History
- Canadian History
- Classical, Ancient Mediterranean and Near Eastern Studies and Archaeology
- Crafts/Craft Design, Folk Art and Artisanry
- European History
- Historic Preservation and Conservation
- Historic Preservation and Conservation, Other
- History and Philosophy of Science and Technology
- History Teacher Education
- History, General
- History, Other
- Humanities/Humanistic Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Library and Archives Assisting
- Library and Information Science
- Museology/Museum Studies
- Music History, Literature, and Theory
- Physical and Biological Anthropology
- Public/Applied History
- Theatre Literature, History and Criticism