This scholarship is for adults in mid-life who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender who seek to make a significant change in their lives or vocations by majoring in the arts and/or humanities. These can include ancient and modern languages, literature, history, philosophy, religion, fine arts, and visual and performing arts such as music and theatre. Students who wish apply to this scholarship, must submit a letter of interest (LOI) to the Equity Foundation. Students must a letter of interest detailing the following: name and permanent residence address; qualification within the GLBT community; current enrollment status; institution they plan to attend; course of study; ideal amount of scholarship funding. Students who qualify based on the information in the LOI, they will be asked to submit a full application to be considered for a scholarship.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Oregon State or Clark County, Washington
Area Of Study: Is this you?
- VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE/LETTERS
- FOREIGN LANGUAGES, LITERATURES, AND LINGUISTICS
- PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES, GENERAL STUDIES AND HUMANITIES
Other Qualifications: Is this you?
- Adult Learner / Re-entry Student / Non-traditional Student
- Lesbian / Gay / Bisexual / Transgender / Queer (LGBTQ) or LGBTQ Ally