This scholarship is for African-Americans, American Indians/Alaskan Natives, Asian Pacific Islander Americans, and Hispanic Americans who are attending a four-year college or university. Winners will be awarded scholarships of up to $15,000 and a 12-week summer internship at Marathon operations in various US locations. To qualify, applicants must be college sophomores majoring in one of the following: chemical engineering, environmental engineering, environmental science(s), geological engineering, geology, geophysics, geotechnical, computer science/MIS, management information systems, mechanical engineering, or petroleum engineering. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
The deadline for this scholarship has passed.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
College Major: Is this you?
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Other
- Computer and Information Sciences, Other
- Computer and Information Sciences, General
- Computer and Information Systems Security
- Computer Graphics
- Video Game Development/Other Computer Programming
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications
- Computer Programming, Vendor/Product Certification
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General
- Computer Science
- Computer Software and Media Applications, Other
- Computer Systems Analysis/Analyst
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications
- Computer/Information Technology Services Administration andManagement, Other
- Data Entry/Microcomputer Applications, General
- Data Entry/Microcomputer Applications, Other
- Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration
- Data Processing and Data Processing Technology/Technician
- Environmental Engineering Technology/Environmental Technology
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering
- Geochemistry and Petrology
- Geological/Geophysical Engineering
- Geology/Earth Science, General
- Geophysics and Seismology
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hazardous Materials Information Systems Technology/Technician
- Information Science/Studies
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems and Services, Other
- Management Information Systems, General
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Related Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician
- Mining and Petroleum Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Petroleum Engineering
- Petroleum Technology/Technician
- System Administration/Administrator
- System, Networking, and LAN/WAN Management/Manager
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design
- Web/Multimedia Management and Webmaster
- Word Processing
- Modeling, Virtual Environments and Simulation
- Information Technology Project Management
- Computer Support Specialist
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Chemical Engineering, Other
- Chemical Engineering Technology/Technician
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
Ethnicity: Is this you?
- African American
- American Indian or Native Alaskan
- Asian or Pacific Islander