This scholarship is for residents of the Heartland Foundation service region, which includes the following counties: in Missouri - Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Caldwell, Carroll, Clay, Clinton, Daviess, DeKalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Platte, Ray, and Worth; in Iowa - Decatur, Fremont, Page, Ringgold, and Taylor; in Kansas - Atchison, Brown, Doniphan, and Nemaha; and in Nebraska - Nemaha and Richardson. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours of study for a regular semester or equivalent full-time status in an accredited nursing or surgical services program. Applicants must maintain a reasonably good grade point average, meet acceptable academic standards of the institution where they're enrolled, indicate prior and/or current service to humanity or health care, and demonstrate financial need.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Heartland Foundation Service Area
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency Program
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery Residency Program
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- General Surgery Residency Program
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Neurological Surgery Residency Program
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Nursing Science
- Nursing, Other
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program
- Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Residency Program
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Pediatric Surgery Residency Program
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- Plastic Surgery Within the Head and Neck Residency Program
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery - 24 Residency Program
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery - 36 Residency Program
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Surgery of the Hand Residency Program
- Surgical Critical Care Residency Program
- Surgical Technology/Technologist
- Thoracic Surgery Residency Program
- Vascular Surgery Residency Program
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing