This scholarship is for residents of the Heartland Foundation service region, which includes the following counties: in Missouri - Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Caldwell, Carroll, Clay, Clinton, Daviess, DeKalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Platte, Ray, and Worth; in Iowa - Decatur, Fremont, Page, Ringgold, and Taylor; in Kansas - Atchison, Brown, Doniphan, and Nemaha; and in Nebraska - Nemaha and Richardson. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be pursuing education in the field of health care and training in the field of surgical medicine; emphasis is placed on applicants who are pursuing careers in surgical nursing or surgical services, including nursing, technologists, or any other surgical-related field. Applicants must be enrolled in 12 hours of study for a regular semester or equivalent full-time status in an accredited/approved nursing or surgical services program. Applicants must demonstrate an interest and/or skills in surgical services, maintain a reasonably good GPA, and demonstrate financial need.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Heartland Foundation Service Area
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency Program
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery Residency Program
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- General Surgery Residency Program
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Neurological Surgery Residency Program
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Nursing Science
- Nursing, Other
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program
- Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Residency Program
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Pediatric Surgery Residency Program
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- Plastic Surgery Within the Head and Neck Residency Program
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery - 24 Residency Program
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery - 36 Residency Program
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Surgery of the Hand Residency Program
- Surgical Critical Care Residency Program
- Surgical Technology/Technologist
- Thoracic Surgery Residency Program
- Vascular Surgery Residency Program
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing