This scholarship is for minority students who are enrolled in an accredited college or university with a major in the hospitality field. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have sophomore, junior, or senior college class standing for the period of the scholarship. Applicants must be US citizens and considered members of a minority group: African American, American Indian, Hispanic American, or Asian American. To apply for this scholarship, applicants must submit a short typed essay (no more than 500 words) on: "Why I should be selected as the Minorities in Hospitality Scholars Award recipient."
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
College Major: Is this you?
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Cooking and Related Culinary Arts, General
- Culinary Arts and Related Services, Other
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant
- Food Service, Waiter/Waitress, and Dining Room Management/Manager
- Foodservice Systems Administration/Management
- Hospitality Administration/Management, General
- Hospitality Administration/Management, Other
- Hospitality and Recreation Marketing Operations
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management
- Institutional Food Workers
- Resort Management
- Restaurant, Culinary, and Catering Management/Manager
- Restaurant/Food Services Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism
- Culinary Science/Culinology
- Wine Steward/Sommelier
- Golf Course Operation and Grounds Management
- Casino Management
- Hotel, Motel, and Restaurant Management
Ethnicity: Is this you?
- African American
- American Indian or Native Alaskan
- Asian or Pacific Islander