This scholarship is for students seeking a PhD/DNP degree in nursing at an eligible Mississippi institution of higher learning. Applicants must be fully admitted to the University of Mississippi Medical Center (PhD and/or DNP), University of Southern Mississippi (PhD and/or DNP), William Carey University (PhD only), Mississippi for Women (DNP only), or Delta State University (DNP only). Applicants must be legal residents of Mississippi, hold a current Mississippi nursing license, and be enrolled full- or part-time. Applicants must agree to a service obligation in professional nursing or teaching in an accredited school of nursing in the State of Mississippi. Applications will be accepted from January 1st through March 31st. See website for additional details and requirements.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Class Year: Is this you?
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Nursing Science
- Nursing, Other
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing
Must attend one of the universities listed above.