Whoa now, speedy. This scholarship has other requirements that you may not qualify for. Make sure to read them in the Requirements section before you apply.
This program is for students seeking a Ph.D. or DNP in nursing at one of Mississippi's institutions of higher learning in exchange for teaching in an accredited school of nursing in the State of Mississippi. To qualify, applicants must be residents of Mississippi, hold a current Mississippi nursing license, and be enrolled full-time, and have achieved a 3.0 GPA on all graduate level work previously taken. Applicants must have been fully admitted to to either the University of Mississippi Medical Center (PhD and/or DNP), University of Southern Mississippi (PhD and/or DNP), William Carey University (PhD only), Mississippi University for Women (DNP only) or Delta State University (DNP only). Applicants must agree to teach in an accredited school of nursing in the State of Mississippi upon completion of their degree and must also participate in the Nursing Education Loan/Scholarship Program (NELP) while pursuing the PhD or DNP. Applications will be accepted from January 1 through March 31st. Please see website for additional information and requirements.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Critical Care Nursing
- Family Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nurse/Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant
- Nursing Administration (MSN, MS, PhD)
- Nursing Science (MS, PhD)
- Nursing, Other
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN)
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
Must attend one of the eligible institutions of higher learning listed above.