Whoa now, speedy. This scholarship has other requirements that you may not qualify for. Make sure to read them in the Requirements section before you apply.
This scholarship is for graduating seniors from Point Loma High School in San Diego, California, who plan to pursue an undergraduate degree in theatre, film, or television as a major or minor area of study at an accredited two-year college, four-year university, or licensed trade/vocational school in the United States. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA and have successfully completed at least two drama classes while in high school (grades 9 through 12). An ideal candidate for this scholarship will have earned membership for at least two years in a local troupe, or another troupe of the International Thespian Society. Special consideration will be given to students who are elected in a leadership position of a local troupe. Students whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have an income of more than $200,000 are ineligible to apply.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Cinematography and Film/Video Production
- Directing and Theatrical Production
- Drama and Dance Teacher Education
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General
- Dramatic/Theatre Arts and Stagecraft, Other
- Film/Cinema Studies
- Film/Video and Photographic Arts, Other
- Photographic and Film/Video Technology/Technician and Assistant
- Radio and Television
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Technology/Technician
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication, Other
- Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology
- Theatre Literature, History and Criticism
- Theatre/Theatre Arts Management
- Musical Theatre
High School: Is this you?
- Point Loma Senior High