This scholarship is for members of Phi Theta Kappa who demonstrate potential for involvement in public safety or service while enrolled in a regionally accredited associate degree public safety program. Applicants may be part-time, full-time or international students. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA on all course work; be citizens or have permanent or temporary residence in the country where the two-year college is located; and complete by June of each year at least 50 percent of coursework in an associate degree public safety program at a regionally-accredited two-year college. Applicants with previous associate, bachelor's, or master's degrees are eligible. Pre-major students and certificate students are ineligible. The director of the program in which the applicant is enrolled must complete the Institutional Certification Form by the application deadline.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
College Major: Is this you?
- Corrections Administration
- Corrections and Criminal Justice, Other
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science
- Crisis/Emergency/Disaster Management
- Critical Incident Response/Special Police Operations
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Cultural/Archaelogical Resources Protection
- Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
- Emergency Care Attendant (EMT Ambulance)
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Financial Forensics and Fraud Investigation
- Fire Prevention and Safety Technology/Technician
- Fire Protection, Other
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting
- Fire Services Administration
- Fire Systems Technology
- Fire/Arson Investigation and Prevention
- Forensic Science and Technology
- Homeland Security
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services, Other
- Homeland Security, Other
- Juvenile Corrections
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysis
- Law Enforcement Investigation and Interviewing
- Law Enforcement Record-Keeping and Evidence Management
- Maritime Law Enforcement
- Protective Services Operations
- Securities Services Administration/Management
- Security and Loss Prevention Services
- Suspension and Debarment Investigation
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism Operations
- Wildland/Forest Firefighting and Investigation
Community Groups: Is this you?
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Must be enrolled in a two-year college.