This scholarship is for high school seniors and undergraduate college students who are majoring in a field that could contribute to the tourism/hospitality industry. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a 3.0 or "B" GPA. In addition, applicants must have accomplished at least one of the following: 1. Work in the industry for a SLAA member; 2. Completed an internship with a SLAA member; 3. Be a current member of SLAA (Student memberships are available! Ask how you can join!); 4. Be a family member of a SLAA member; or 5. Belong to a hospitality organization.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
|Award Range:||$500 - $1,000|
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Cooking and Related Culinary Arts, General
- Culinary Arts and Related Services, Other
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant
- Food Service, Waiter/Waitress, and Dining Room Management/Manager
- Foodservice Systems Administration/Management
- Hospitality Administration/Management, General
- Hospitality Administration/Management, Other
- Hospitality and Recreation Marketing Operations
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management
- Institutional Food Workers
- Resort Management
- Restaurant, Culinary, and Catering Management/Manager
- Restaurant/Food Services Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism
- Culinary Science/Culinology
- Wine Steward/Sommelier
- Golf Course Operation and Grounds Management
- Casino Management
- Hotel, Motel, and Restaurant Management
Must meet one of the additional criteria outlined above.