This scholarship is for seniors and graduates of high schools in the Southern Wayne County Regional Chamber geographic area in Michigan, which includes Allen Park, Belleville, Brownstown, Ecorse, Flat Rock, Gibraltar, Grosse Ile, Charter Township of Huron, Lincoln Park, Melvindale, River Rouge, Riverview, Rockwood, Romulus, Southgate, Sumpter, Taylor, Trenton, Van Buren Township, Woodhaven, and Wyandotte. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of high school or at graduation and demonstrate extracurricular activities, community volunteer involvement, and paid work experience. Applicants must under 22 years of age and be entering their first year of college in fall 2013 as full-time students at an accredited post-secondary educational certificate/degree program. Applicants should have a career goal in business or a technical field. Priority will be given to selecting one recipient who has pursued a vocational or career technical curriculum in high school and one recipient who is identified as having overcome at least one of the following at-risk barriers: single parent family or family problems, as identified by an outside agency; economically disadvantaged, as defined by federal government guidelines; physical handicap; substance abuse recovery; ex-offender; teen parent; or ward of the court or foster child.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
The deadline for this scholarship has passed.
|Renewable:||This scholarship is renewable|
Maximum Age: Is this you?
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Allen Park, Belleville, Brownstown, Ecorse, Flat Rock, Gibraltar, Grosse Ile, Charter Township of Huron, Lincoln Park, Melvindale, River Rouge, Riverview, Rockwood, Romulus, Southgate, Sumpter, Taylor, Trenton, Van Buren Township, Woodhaven, or Wyandotte
Area Of Study: Is this you?
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Communications Technologies/Technicians and Support Services
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Engineering Technologies/Technicians
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Military Technologies
- Science Technologies/Technicians