Scholarship Listings » Ethnicities » Scholarship Listings
American Indian or Native Alaskan scholarships
In a world where the scariest part about going to college can sometimes be paying for it, it’s great to know that help is available for students who ask. In fact you can get scholarships just for being who you are. As a student of Native American descent, you have access to many American Indian and Native Alaskan scholarships, and here at Cappex, we’ve done all the searching for you.
American Indian and Native Alaskan scholarships can be divided into three basic categories.
American Indian and Native Alaskan Scholarships by tribe and location:
These scholarships have prerequisites including state of residency and tribe of origin.
- The Hopi Tribe Grants and Scholarship Program includes scholarships available to Hopi Tribe members earning an undergraduate, masters or doctoral degree who have a GPA of at least 2.0.
- The Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship is a scholarship fund set up for American Indian and Native Alaskan students who are residents of the state of Kansas and have demonstrated strong academic performance.
- The Blackfeet Higher Education Grant Program is an American Indian scholarship for members of the Blackfeet tribe who are pursuing an undergraduate degree.
American Indian and Native Alaskan Scholarships by Vocation:
These scholarships are intended for students who are pursuing a particular major or career.
- The Ethnic Minority Bachelor’s Scholarship is a scholarship available to American Indian and Native Alaskan students who are majoring in nursing and who are specifically interested in pursuing oncology nursing.
- The Emilie Hesemeyer Memorial Scholarship was created for students of American Indian or Native Alaskan descent who are pursuing a major related to education.
- The Tribal Business Management (TBM) Scholarship is a $500 to $5,000 American Indian scholarship for students who are majoring in Business, Economics or any related field and are planning to work in economic development for American Indian tribes.
- The United Parcel Services Scholarship for Minority Students is a $4,000 American Indian or Native Alaskan scholarship set up for students who are majoring in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management or any related field. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.4, and be active members of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE).
- The CSDIW Scholarship is an American Indian or Native Alaskan scholarship for college juniors and seniors who are majoring in Education or Social Work.
American Indian and Native Alaskan Scholarships by Gender and Religion:
- The Student Opportunity Scholarship is a renewable scholarship intended for American Indian and Native Alaskan students who belong to the Presbyterian Church and who are in their last two years of college.
- The Rowling, Dold & Associates, LLP Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship award for female students of Native American or Native Alaskan descent who intend to major in Accounting, Auditing, Banking or Finance.
- The Osage Scholarship is and American Indian scholarship for Catholic members of the Osage tribe. It is a renewable $1,000 award for students pursuing undergraduate, masters or postgraduate degrees.
These are only a few examples of the American Indian and Native Alaskan scholarships and grants available to you. Take some time to browse through our full list of American Indian and Native Alaskan scholarships below. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly. Good luck!