Scholarship Listings » States » Scholarship Listings
In a world where the scariest part about going to college can sometimes be paying for it, it’s great to know that help is available for students who ask. In fact you can get scholarships just by being from Alabama. As a resident of the Yellowhammer State, you have access to a lot of Alabama scholarships and grants offered by Alabama-based organizations. Here at Cappex, we’ve done all the searching for you. Take some time to browse through our scholarships database, and look at our list of Alabama scholarships. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly. We’ve done our best to make it easy for you to find help paying for college. You can even apply for Alabama scholarships directly through Cappex! Based on our review of the available Alabama scholarships, we have determined that most of them can be placed in one of four categories.
Alabama Scholarships by Vocation:
These are scholarships intended for students of particular majors or career interests. For example:
- The Charles Clarke Cordle Memorial Scholarship is an Alabama scholarship for students with an amateur FCC radio license who are majoring in an electronics or communications-related field. The scholarship is worth $1,000, and applicants must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- The CASE Scholarship is a $1,500 Alabama scholarship for students majoring in Actuarial Science. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0, have taken and passed at least one actuarial science exam and have completed an actuarial science internship.
- The SPE Warrior Basin Section Scholarship is a $1,000 Alabama scholarship for high school seniors planning on majoring in General or Chemical Engineering. Applicants must have received a letter of acceptance from at least one ABET-accredited college or university that has a Petroleum Engineering curriculum.
Alabama Scholarships by Religious Affiliation: These are scholarships for students who are involved with a particular religious group.
- The William Heath Educational Fund is an Alabama scholarship for male students pursuing a degree in ministry. Applicants must belong to an Episcopal or Methodist church.
Alabama Scholarships by College or County of Residence:
These are Alabama scholarships for students who live in certain parts of Alabama or who attend certain Alabama schools.
- The Alabama Student Grant Program is a $1,200 Alabama scholarship for students of the following Alabama colleges: Birmingham-Southern College, Concordia College, Faulkner University, Huntingdon College, Judson College, Miles College, Oakwood College, Samford University, Selma University, Southeastern Bible College, Southern Vocational College, Spring Hill College, Stillman College or the University of Mobile.
- The J.L. Bedsole Scholars Program is an Alabama scholarship for students who are residents of Mobile, Baldwin, Clarke, Monroe, or Washington counties. Seniors from Sweet Water High School in Marengo County may also apply. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.5, an ACT score of at least 21, and must demonstrate adequate financial need.
Alabama Scholarships for Dependent Students: Certain companies offer scholarships for students who are financial dependents of their employees.
- The Alabama Scholarship for Dependents of Blind Parents is offered to students who are residents of Alabama and who are also planning to attend college in Alabama.
- The Police Officer’s and Firefighter’s Survivors Educational Assistance Program is an Alabama scholarship offered to students who are dependents or spouses of police officers or firefighters killed in the line of duty in Alabama. Applicants must be undergraduate students at public colleges and universities in Alabama.
- The Alabama GI Dependents Scholarship is offered to students who are dependents or spouses or non-remarried widow or widower of disabled veterans who are enrolled in state-supported Alabama colleges. Other specifications also apply.
And this is only the beginning—check out our scholarships database for a full list of Alabama scholarships!