Scholarship Listings » States » Scholarship Listings
New Jersey Scholarships
The state of New Jersey has one of the highest rates of high school graduates entering college in the country. In fact, educationally speaking, New Jersey is one of the best states to call home. So if you’re in high school and “I’m From New Jersey” is set as your ringtone, you’re probably ready to dive into your college education. Unfortunately, the extremely high cost of that education holds many families back each year and causes serious financial hardship for others. But don’t worry; we’re here to help. As a resident of the Garden State, you have access to a lot of New Jersey scholarships and grants offered by New Jersey-based organizations. Here at Cappex, we’ve done all the searching for you. Take some time to browse through our scholarships database and look at our list of New Jersey scholarships. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly. We’ve done our best to make it easy for you to find help paying for college. You can even apply for New Jersey scholarships directly through Cappex.
These scholarships are mostly tailored to students with particular interests and characteristics. Here are a few of the many types of New Jersey scholarships in our database.
Ethnicity-Based New Jersey Scholarships:
- The St. Andrew’s Society Scholarship is a New Jersey scholarship for students of Scottish descent. Awards range from $1,000 to $7,500 and special consideration is given to applicants who are involved in a field that will advance knowledge of Scottish history.
- The Donald Malcolm MacArthur Scholarship is another New Jersey scholarship for students of Scottish descent. It is worth $2,500 and its selection process is based on financial need and academic merit.
Vocation-Specific New Jersey Scholarships:
- The Winston E. Parker Scholarship is a New Jersey scholarship for students majoring in forestry and landscape architecture. The scholarship is renewable, and awards range from $1,000 to $3,500.
- The Health Careers Scholarship is a renewable $1,000 New Jersey scholarship for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students who are studying in a healthcare related field.
- The College Scholarship is a $4,000 New Jersey scholarship for students majoring in accounting.
Extra Curricular Activity Related New Jersey Scholarships:
- The Frank D. Visceglia Memorial Scholarship is a New Jersey scholarship for male students who are Eagle Scouts. The scholarship is worth $1,000, and preference is given to students who are doing community service projects related to the environment and who are pursuing a career in a development-related field.
- The New Jersey State Golf Association (NJSGA) Caddie Scholarship is a renewable New Jersey scholarship for golf caddies. Awards range from $2,000 to $4,000, and SAT scores, leadership, and financial need are also considered.
- The Buddy Pelletier Surfing Foundation Scholarship is a New Jersey scholarship for students who have a history of east coast surfing.
So whether you’re a surfer, a future doctor, or proud to be Scottish, you can find scholarships that want to help students like you pay for their educations. This list is only the beginning—check our scholarships database for a full list of New Jersey scholarships.