Dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK.
Situated between the mountains of Snowdonia National Park and the Ocean, Bangor boasts the "Best UK University Setting" (The Independent). It's a small, safe, affordable location with excellent academics, easy rail connections to London, Liverpool, Manchester, and a quick ferry to Dublin. Bangor is a very green institution with a vibrant student body with a high satisfaction rate (1st in Wales, 7th in the UK).
Highlights for USA students
Location and Student Life
- 3 Year subject-focused bachelor's degrees, which are equal to US degrees
- 1 Year Master's degrees, meaning you could finish your Master's in 4 years total
- FAFSA/US Loans/GI Bill eligible
- Single rooms in our dorms, recently named 'Best in the UK'.
- Low cost location, tuition, and excellent scholarships
- Easy access to the rest of the UK and Europe
- "Best UK University setting" - The Independent
- Consistently in the top 5 safest towns in the UK
- Coastal town situated near Snowdonia National Park
- Close to major cities: London (3 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- More than 100 clubs and societies a vibrant university town
- No. 3 in the UK for Student Support - WhatUni Student Awards 2016
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- No. in the UK for Accommodation - WhatUni Student Awards 2016
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students. You'll likely have your own room and your own bathroom with a shared kitchen!
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, cafè, bar, shops and 24 hour security