- College search made simple.
Dismiss notification

Interested in this school?

Please type at least the first 4 letters of the school name.

Savannah College of Art and Design Tuition & Costs

Your Estimated Price

$52,679 Annual Cost to Attend

Cost Breakdown
$35,910 tuition
$14,244 on campus room & board
$2,025 books and supplies
$500 fees
(Based on stats from 2017/2018)

$51,959 Annual Cost to Attend

Cost Breakdown
$35,190 tuition
$14,244 on campus room & board
$2,025 books and supplies
$500 fees
(Based on stats from 2017/2018)
Estimated Net Price
Get Your Estimated Cost

Colleges like Savannah College of Art and Design are working hard to make tuition affordable to deserving students.

Use our tool to get a quick guess about your actual costs and links to tools to get an even better estimate directly form the college.

Average Aid

$11,226 Annual Institutional Aid

Average Aid
97% of students receive aid
20% get federal aid ($4,969 avg)
14% get state aid ($3,452 avg)
97% get institn'l aid ($11,226 avg)
49% get loans ($10,167 avg)

Tuition Trends

Historical Tuition and Fees, with Projected Future Amounts

Future projections are based on past four years' data averaging 2.01% annual change in in-state tuition and fees and 1.34% change in out-of-state tuition and fees. Amounts shown are estimates only and not guaranteed. For a better estimate, contact the college directly.

Financial Aid

Annual Aid Awarded
Average Amount Percent Awarded
Grant or Scholarship Aid $12,873 97%
Federal Grant Aid $4,969 20%
Pell Grants $4,480 23%
Other Federal Grants $2,973 4%
Institution Grant Aid $11,226 97%
State Grant Aid $3,452 14%
Student Loans $10,167 49%
Federal Loans $5,437 47%
Other Loans $24,503 11%

Merit Aid Available

Financial Aid Timeline
Financial aid priority deadline: Students should start the admission process at least six months prior to the start of their intended
Financial aid deadline: -
College will notify student of financial aid decisions on or about: -
Student must reply to financial aid decision by: -
Does Savannah College of Art and Design offer...
Tuition Payment Plan? Yes
Financial Aid Contact Info
342 Bull St
Savannah, GA 31402-3146
(912) 525-5000


Student Responses to Review Topic: Bang for the buck
  • 3
  • John from Lakewood, CO
  • I am a current student here

    SCAD is very expensive, with certain fees for housing, dining, and so on rising in price every year. The education and skills gained are valuable and translate well into your future job, but you will likely require hefty scholarships and student loans to attend.

    Read More
  • 3
  • Timmy from Crofton, MD
  • I am a current student here

    As a filmmaker in his freshman year, it's a bummer that I don't dive straight into the film stuff until a later date. I can't say if the foundation classes have much impact on me since I haven't done anything artistically since I've taken them. The teachers do say they help later on in life but I'll be the judge of that once the time comes. If you don't draw or design, it may be a pain to sit through but you have to do it to get to the good stuff.

    Read More
  • 3
  • William from Cumming, GA
  • I am a current student here

    SCAD, like most other private colleges, isn't very wallet friendly; however, the quality of the programs and the experience one gets from living in Savannah simply makes up for the price. One should not see the school as an expensive school, but as one that supplies unrivaled programs that will prepare students for an incredible career. In fact, 98% of SCAD's students find success in the career field that they pursued, not to mention the portion of the other 2% that still find great careers in different fields.

    Read More
  • 5
  • Madison
  • I am a current student here

    SCAD is a little bit on the pricy side for college but, it is worth it. The school has amazing resources and connections. They truly care for the students and you are guaranteed to be employed six months after graduation date. There is a 98% employment, if you are not employed after graduation a career advisor will contact you and find you a job.In some ways SCAD is run like a business, I think this is a good thing in our modern society, students are able to become strong business men and women and have very high standards for themselves. SCAD offers a lot of scholarship, you just need to ask because you will not regret working your but off when you land your dream job.

    Read More
  • 4
  • Anna from Savannah, GA
  • I am a current student here

    You do get a lot of bang for your buck here at SCAD because each class is extremely rigorous as it is a shorter period of time than other colleges because we are on the quarter system. Each of my professors have a lot of experience in their field and most have worked in the specific field they are teaching so you get extra pointers and help with resumes and portfolios as the professors have useful tips and experience.

    Read More