A Warm Welcome
We are proud to have a truly international campus at the University of Glasgow with more than 25% of our student population coming from outside the UK. There are typically around 800 North American students on campus. By choosing the University of Glasgow, you'll be joining one of the world's leading centres of learning, with excellent teaching, innovative research and world-class facilities.
- Ranked in the top 1% of the world (Times Higher World University Rankings 2014/15)
- Established in 1451, Glasgow is the fourth oldest English-speaking university in the world
- 4-year degree programmes offering flexibility and choice
- 91% student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2014)
- Member of the Russell Group, the UK equivalent of the Ivy League
- 93.6% of students in employment or further study 6 months after graduation (HESA 2013/14)
- Famous alumni e.g. in 1837, James McCune Smith graduated from the University of Glasgow and became the first African American to receive a medical degree
Find out more about the University by viewing our Who will you become video
Glasgow: Scotland's friendliest city
Voted as the world's friendliest city by Rough Guides 2014, Glasgow is the UK's 3rd largest city and one of the world's top student cities. Here are just a few of the reasons why our students love living in Glasgow:
- Lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas, including the tallest in the world
- UK's first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
- 2014 host city of the Commonwealth Games, MTV Europe Music Awards and World Street Dance Championships
- Consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London's West End
- More green space per head of population than any other European city with over 90 parks and public gardens
- Host to several international festivals each year from Piping Live and Jazz to Comedy and Film
- More than 20 museums and art galleries offering free admission including one of the most visited museums in the United Kingdom outside of London, the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum
Find out more about Glasgow by viewing our World Changers Welcome video.
If you want to discover more visit our USA page or find out when our International Officers will be visiting your country.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Responses to Review Topic: Am I Enjoying Being Here
Looks like there are no "Am I Enjoying Being Here" reviews for University of Glasgow.
Have you been to this college? Take a moment to create an account with Cappex and tell us your thoughts. Rating this school will make you eligible to win the Cappex Reviews Scholarship!