Cappex.com - College search made simple.
Dismiss notification

Interested in this school?

Please type at least the first 4 letters of the school name.

West Virginia University Tuition & Costs

Your Estimated Price

$15,290 Annual Cost to Attend

Cost Breakdown
$6,090 tuition
$9,200 on campus room & board
(Based on stats from 2014/2015)

$30,296 Annual Cost to Attend

Cost Breakdown
$21,096 tuition
$9,200 on campus room & board
(Based on stats from 2014/2015)
Estimated Net Price
Get Your Estimated Cost

Colleges like West Virginia University are working hard to make tuition affordable to deserving students.

Use our tool to get a quick guess about your actual costs and links to tools to get an even better estimate directly form the college.

Average Aid

$3,820 Annual Institutional Aid

Average Aid
89% of students receive aid
27% get federal aid ($4,335 avg)
32% get state aid ($4,756 avg)
60% get institn'l aid ($3,820 avg)
56% get loans ($7,506 avg)

Tuition Trends

Historical Tuition and Fees, with Projected Future Amounts

Future projections are based on past four years' data averaging 2.44% annual change in in-state tuition and fees and 5.85% change in out-of-state tuition and fees. Amounts shown are estimates only and not guaranteed. For a better estimate, contact the college directly.

Financial Aid

$25,426,877
Annual Aid Awarded
Aid/Loans
Average Amount Percent Awarded
Grant or Scholarship Aid $6,876 72%
Federal Grant Aid $4,335 27%
Pell Grants $4,049 26%
Other Federal Grants $1,207 8%
Institution Grant Aid $3,820 60%
State Grant Aid $4,756 32%
Student Loans $7,506 56%
Federal Loans $5,835 55%
Other Loans $14,380 7%

Merit Aid Available

Financial Aid Timeline
Financial aid priority deadline: -
Financial aid deadline: -
College will notify student of financial aid decisions on or about: -
Student must reply to financial aid decision by: -
Does West Virginia University offer...
Tuition Payment Plan? Yes
Financial Aid Contact Info
Stewart Hall, 1500 University Avenue
Morgantown, WV 26506-6201
(304) 293-0111
http://www.finaid.wvu.edu

Reviews

Student Responses to Review Topic: Bang for the buck
  • 5
  • Toussaint from Martinsburg, WV
  • Dec-16-2015 I am a current student here

    It is not easy being a college student and unfortunately a broke one. I tend not to go out a lot on the weekends and work a school campus job which helps me save more money. The campus itself very beneficial when it comes to bank for my bucks since we have so much free food due to various activities and my college investment is worthwhile due to getting a favorable learning experience.

    Read More
  • 1
  • Carly from Lumberton, NJ
  • Dec-01-2015 I am a current student here

    It's $35.000 for out of state students and it is really not worth it. At the beginning of the semester I was worried I was going to get a D or F in biology even though I was studying all the time. I discussed with my professor and she told me to retake the class for an extra $3,000. This really iiritated me because I study all the time, but the tests are weighted 75% and the clickers and quizzes are the other 25% and they're bother graded grades. Look into other options if money is an issue and you can't really get scholoarships or grants.

    Read More
  • 5
  • Megan from Morgantown, WV
  • Feb-17-2015 I am a current student here

    WVU offers so many opportunities to their students, as well as making each student a priority despite the large class sizes.

    Read More
  • 5
  • Danielle from Pittsburgh, PA
  • Dec-26-2014 I am a current student here

    Honestly, if you're from West Virginia, this is a great school for a low price. Even as an out-of-state student, I think West Virginia provides a university that is much cheaper for out-of-staters. While it is still expensive, I really think it's worth it because they offer so much for you to go there, and I've been learning a large amount of things in just a short time of going there so far.

    Read More