Calculate your chances of getting into Iowa State University - Ames
Find your best-fit schools with our best-in-class chances calculator.Get your chances
Can I Get In?
Key Admission Stats
This school does not consider an applicant’s financial situation when deciding admission
|Application Type||Application Deadline||Reply Deadline|
|Fall Regular Decision||March 1||August 24|
The college has rolling admissions, which means applications are accepted any time throughout the year.
Admitted Student Stats
What Students Are Saying
2. Apply for outside scholarships as well as scholarships within Iowa State.
3. Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible.
4. Get involved on campus through volunteering, clubs and leadership activities
5. Take advantage of all the free things on campus like the gym. After all of the great food in the dining halls, you're going to need a way to work off those extra calories during the winter.
6. Try the Honors Program! You won't regret it :)
Don't be afraid of big lecture halls! There maybe a few hundred students in each class but if you have a question, raise your hand and the professor will answer it. If you don't get a chance to during class most professors stay after class to answer questions and also have office hours and you can email them too! Most professors also put up their powerpoint slides online so you can access them as well.
- College Station, TX
- Madison, WI
- West Lafayette, IN
- Champaign, IL
- Iowa City, IA
- Cedar Falls, IA
- Manhattan, KS
- East Lansing, MI
- Minneapolis, MN
- Columbia, MO
- Lincoln, NE
- Columbus, OH