What You Need to Complete the FAFSA
Filling out the FAFSA may seem overwhelming at first. If you’re getting ready to fill out your FAFSA, don’t delay; the faster you submit it, the more aid you’re likely to receive.
One of the most important parts of filling out your FAFSA quickly and accurately is preparation. Here’s everything you’ll need to gather before you should get started.
What you’ll need
- Your social security number and your parents’ social security numbers
- Your driver’s license
- W-2 forms
- Your and your parents’ federal tax return from the two years ago. (You may be able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your income and tax information from the IRS into the FAFSA as you complete the form.)
- Current bank statements
- Stock, bond, mutual fund, and investment information
- Your alien registration card or permanent resident card (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Your FSA ID
- Child support information, if your parents are divorced