CAPPEX.COM COLLEGE REVIEW SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor. The Cappex.com College Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Cappex.com, LLC (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes entrants must (i) reside in one of the 50 United States, (ii) be age 13 or older and (iii) complete an entry form in accordance with these Official Rules. Entrants under the age of majority in their state of residence must have permission to enter from their parent or legal guardian and will be required to obtain a written release from their parent or legal guardian prior to claiming any prize. Sponsor Employees, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person and one winner per household.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted between December 19, 2016 and December 31, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All online entries must be received by December 31, 2016 at 11:59PM CST.
- How to Enter: Automatic Entry. Each eligible entrant who submits college review during the Sweepstakes Period on www.cappex.com will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. College reviews must be written in good faith and contain clearly written, substantive information about the subject college that is likely to be relevant to a prospective student. Reviews that that do not meet these criteria may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Alternate Method. An eligible entrant who does not receive an automatic entry may submit a single manual entry (an “Alternate Entry”). To submit an Alternate Entry print your primary e-mail address (if applicable), along with your full name, mailing address and phone number on a 3”x5” index card and mail it postage-paid first class U.S. Mail to: Cappex.com College Review Sweepstakes, 311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 5900, Chicago, IL 60606. The Alternate Entry must be received by the last date of the Sweepstakes Period. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of Alternate Entries will be void. Proof of sending or submitting an Alternate Entry is not proof of receipt of such Alternate Entry. Alternate Entries must have a return address. Alternative Entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
- Prizes: Two winners will receive $50 Amazon gift cards (each an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $50) and 25 winners will receive a Cappex cap (each with an ARV of $10). All prize related expenses, including federal, state, and/or local taxes are the winner’s sole responsibility. Winners may not substitute or transfer/assign any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Cappex to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade in perpetuity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Sweepstakes winners will be selected in a random drawing under Sponsor’s supervision. Winners will be notified via email to their provided email address within ten (10) days following the winner selection. Cappex is not liable for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed affidavit of eligibility and publicity release as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Cappex, anyone acting on behalf of Cappex, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. Winners will be required to sign a publicity release and affidavit of eligibility. Winners under the age of majority in their state of residence will be required to obtain a written publicity release affidavit of eligibility from their parent or legal guardian prior to claiming any prize. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email and/or email newsletters periodically from Cappex. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Disputes, Governing Law, Waiver of Damages. If there is a conflict between these Official Rules and any other Sweepstakes related materials, these Official Rules govern. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants (i) agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final, (ii) agree that all disputes related to these Official Rules or this Sweepstakes will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules and (iii) consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state and local courts located in Cook County, Illinois. Except where prohibited, Sweepstakes entrants waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term or provision of this paragraph or any other rule herein be concluded to be void, unenforceable or contrary to applicable law as provided herein, such term or provision shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring the rule within the requirements of such law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms and conditions; and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed item. Winners are responsible for all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and any liability, which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem, said prize.
- Compliance with Law. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Cancelation of Sweepstakes: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Cappex and its subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Cappex, ATTN: Marketing Department, 311 S. Wacker Dr., 59th Floor, Chicago, IL 60606. Requests must be received within one (1) year of the last day of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsored by Cappex.com, LLC
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 5900, Chicago, Illinois 60606