Cappex College Challenge Scholarship Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SPONSOR. The Cappex College Challenge Scholarship (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Cappex.com, LLC (“Sponsor”).
- HOW TO ENTER. You may enter the Sweepstakes by doing the following: (a) Go to this page and download the Cappex College Challenge bracket; (b) Complete the bracket using various Cappex tools like the What Are My Chances?® calculator, the Net Price Calculator or Fit Score available at www.cappex.com until you’ve selected a winner; and (c) Share a picture of your completed bracket on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #CappexCollegeChallenge. Individuals who complete (a), (b) and (c) and meet all other eligibility requirements contained in these Rules will be automatically entered for a chance to win the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to registered Cappex users who are residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, thirteen (13) years of age or older and currently enrolled (or enroll within two years of the Sweepstakes) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (college, university or trade school) located in the United States. Entrants under the age of majority in their state of residence (“Minors”) must have permission to enter from their parent or legal guardian and will be required to obtain a written release from their parent or legal guardian prior to claiming any prize. Proof of permission may be required at any time. Employees of Cappex (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes. Each entry must be submitted on an individual basis (i.e., no team, joint, or corporate entries) and all components of the entry must be the original creation of the submitting participant. Only non-commercial work may be submitted. Entries may not contain profanity, nudity, pornographic images, violent images, anti-competition messages, illegal material, or material that violates the rights of third parties. Entries may not include confidential information, trade secrets, trademarks or copyrighted material belonging to any person or entity other than the entrant absent a suitable license or permission agreement, proof of which is required. Entries containing any forbidden matter or material otherwise deemed by Sponsor to be inappropriate will be disqualified. Online entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
- CONTEST PERIOD. Entries will be accepted online starting on or about MARCH 17, 2017 and ending APRIL 3, 2017. All online entries must be received by April 3rd, 2017, 11:59PM CST.
- WINNER SELECTION. 1 winner will be selected via random drawing from all eligible Sweepstakes entries (“Winner”). If a Winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected through additional random drawings as many times as necessary.
- PRIZES. The winner will receive a $250 college scholarship (“Scholarship Prize”) in the form of a direct payment to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the winner (once the winner has enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to Sponsor or Sponsor’s scholarship administrator). The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and subject to Sponsor's verification of Applicant and Applicant's submission. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Winner is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, Scholarship Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession and use of Scholarship Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. Winners will be notified via the social media account used to enter the Sweepstakes within 14 days after the winners have been determined, and no later than 30 days following the end date of the contest. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- By entering, you represent that: (i) your entry is your own original work; and (ii) you own or have the rights to convey any and all right and title in any material submitted as part of your entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Participants hereby grant Cappex a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Cappex the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
- Cappex is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
- Winners (and their parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a liability release and where lawful, a publicity release within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Cappex. Cappex reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- NOT ENDORSED BY SOCIAL MEDIA PROVIDERS: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Providers”) and release the Social Media Providers from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Cappex in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, directors, officers, and agents from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize. Cappex is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Cappex may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Cappex from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
- WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addresses stamped envelope to: Cappex.com, LLC, ATTN: Marketing Department, 311 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 5900, Chicago, IL 60606.