Georgia Southwestern State University
800 Georgia Southwestern State University Dr.
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Associate Degree Graduates Transfer Scholarships
- Scholarship Description
- Georgia Southwestern State University offers academic scholarships to transfer students, with minimum consideration of financial need. These scholarships are provided through the Wheatley Fund, named after Charles Huntington Wheatley, former Trustee of the GSW Foundation and permanent Georgia businessman from Americus. Awards are made on a competitive basis and are awarded to transfer students completing their Associates Degree prior to enrolling at Georgia Southwestern State University. Applicants who submit the attached form NO LATER THAN MARCH 15TH will be considered candidates for this scholarship. All applicants must also apply and be accepted for admission to Georgia Southwestern by the deadline of March 15th. Notifications of awards will be announced in early April. All evaluations of grade point average will be based on work completed by the end of the winter quarter or the first semester, whichever is appropriate. The scholarships can be extended beyond the first year of enrollment provided the student’s academic performance and the availability of funds warrant an extension. Students must reapply each year for this scholarship through the Financial Aid Office.Minimum eligibility requirements: have at least a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher and obtain an Associate Degree prior to enrolling at Georgia Southwestern.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- All evaluations of grade point average will be based on work completed by the end of the winter quarter or the first semester, whichever is appropriate. The scholarships can be extended beyond the first year of enrollment provided the student’s academic performance and the availability of funds warrant an extension. Students must reapply each year for this scholarship through the Financial Aid Office.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile