Gordon State College
419 College Dr
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Margarette Ann Julian Education Scholarship
- Scholarship Description
- Established in 2008 with a gift from Margarette Ann Julian. Margarette Ann Julian was born in Macon, Georgia and grew up in Barnesville, Georgia to the parents Mr. Charles E. Julian and Mrs. Fannie Bush Julian. Both parents were educators. Margarette Julian was “born to teach” with her background of educators and most of her family working in education Margarette graduated from Booker High School at fifteen years of age as Valedictorian of her high school class, continued her education at Talladega College, graduating with an English major continuing with a Masters Degree in Library Science from Atlanta University, and later a Masters Degree in English from West Georgia College. She began a teaching career in Houston County and then Ethel Kight High School. When integration began she was moved to Troup High School in LaGrange, Georgia. She taught English for thirty-three years, as a result of her love for teaching, she has found the need to give back to students who want to teach and find the enjoyment of seeing younger students grow intellectually, and thus the scholarship has been endowed.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- For a student graduating from Troup County Comprehensive High School who wishes to major in Education. The recipient must have a high school grade point average between 3.0 and 3.5 and a record of community service.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile