2 East South Street
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
- Scholarship Description
- Academically qualified Knox applicants with special ability in writing, music, theatre, dance, and visual art may receive scholarships up to $8,000 per year. Students can audition or submit portfolios for more than one scholarship, although awards are typically limited to two areas of the arts.
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of a manuscript, their academic record, and any other evidence of special ability. Manuscripts can be submitted in one (or more*) of the following categories:
1. Poetry (5-8 pages)
2. Fiction (one short story)
3. Creative non-fiction (one essay on any topic)
4. Journalism (2 articles of investigative reporting)
5. Playwriting (one-act play)
6. Critical writing (one analytical paper on literature, film or dramatic performance)
Manuscripts should be representative of the applicant's best work and not exceed 20 pages. Your manuscript should be typed, numbered, and include your name on each page. Your submission may include works previously submitted for a class or published in a newspaper or journal.
*Students may choose to submit in multiple genres. In such cases, preference will be given to manuscripts that show an even range of talent and potential in all represented genres.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Scholarships are renewable annually as long as recipients remain in good academic standing.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Submit an application for admission to Knox (see knox.edu/apply for specific deadlines). Auditions and portfolios are due by the same deadline as your application for admission.
On-campus Auditions or Portfolio Presentations:
You can schedule your on-campus audition or portfolio presentation for scholarships in dance, music, theater, or theatre design by contacting the Office of Admission at least a week in advance of your visit. You can also request your audition or portfolio presentation online when you schedule your campus visit.
Electronic Submission of Auditions or Portfolios:
Scholarship auditions and portfolios for art, dance, music, theater, theatre design, and writing can be submitted electronically on your application status page through Portfolio. Your application status page will be available within about 48 hours of submitting your Common Application, and we'll send you an e-mail with a link to create a password and access your application status page.
Be sure to review the guidelines on how to prepare for your audition or present your portfolio for each type of scholarship prior to scheduling your visit or uploading your electronic submission. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of their auditions, portfolios, presentations, and/or manuscripts, as well as their academic records and any other evidence of special ability.
Scholarships must be applied toward the cost of tuition, and the combination of Knox scholarships and grants and federal and state grants cannot exceed the cost of tuition. Scholarship recipients often qualify for additional need-based financial assistance, including grants, work-study programs and loans.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile