University of Maryland-University College
3501 University Blvd East
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Shady Grove Scholarship
- Scholarship Description
- University of Maryland University College (UMUC) now offers a special scholarship for community college graduates who will take at least half of their UMUC courses at the Shady Grove location. What Are the Application Criteria? Open to new students taking at least half of their coursework at Shady Grove each semester,Associate's degree earned from a Maryland Community College, Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from transfer institution; must maintain 3.0 GPA at UMUC, Submission of UMUC Alliance or regular admission application and scholarship application U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen; Maryland resident, for classification purposes, Please note: if you are receiving 100% employer tuition assistance, are a Golden ID student, or receiving tuition remission from the University of Maryland, you will not be eligible for this scholarship. What Is the Application Deadline? Applications will continue to be accepted after the priority deadline as long as funds remain available. How Do I Apply?
Complete the scholarship application. [PDF] Send all official transcripts from previous colleges attended. Official transcripts are sealed transcripts sent by the institution. A complete packet consists of proof of submission of the admission application, the scholarship application, and official copies of transcripts from previous colleges attended. All incomplete applications will not be processed. When Am I Notified of the Scholarship Award Decision? Students who submit complete scholarship packets will be awarded immediately. Scholarship awards will post to students account 10 days before the start of the semester. If you are registered for Term II or mid-fall/spring classes, your award will post 10 days before the start of the class. Is the Scholarship Renewable? Yes. Full-time recipients may renew their awards for one year and part-time recipients may renew their awards for three years based on completion of all scholarship guidelines and criteria: Maintain 3.0 GPA. Complete updated. Full-time recipients must enroll in at least 12 UMUC credit hours each Fall and Spring semesters and earn at least 30 credit hours per academic year. Part-time recipients must enroll in at least 6 UMUC credit hours each Fall and Spring semesters and earn at least 15 credit hours per academic year.
Awards will post to a students account 10 days before the start of the semester. Students do NOT need to submit a scholarship application for renewal.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Renew their awards for three years. Maintain 3.0 GPA, Full-time recipients must enroll in at least 12 UMUC credit hours each Fall and Spring semesters and earn at least 30 credit hours per academic year. Part-time recipients must enroll in at least 6 UMUC credit hours each Fall and Spring semesters and earn at least 15 credit hours per academic year.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile