New Jersey City University
2039 Kennedy Blvd
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Christopher Fiore Music Scholarship
- Scholarship Description
- This scholarship is being established, through the generosity of his family and friends, in loving memory of Christopher J. Fiore, who received a Bachelors Degree in Music Education (’96) and a Masters Degree in Music Performance (’01) from NJCU. At NJCU Chris was an active, sought after, well respected performer and human being. The Orchestra, Symphony of Winds and Percussion, Jazz Ensembles, Choirs, Operas, Chamber Ensembles, Spring Musicals and the Percussion Ensemble were among the many organizations blessed with his wonderful presence; one that deeply touched the community. He loved every aspect of music: performing, composing, listening, and teaching. Chris was an accomplished bassist and by all accounts, he was a very talented musician. He received high praise for his teaching and his work with young musicians. This scholarship in Chris’s memory is a wonderful tribute to his passion for music and his deep commitment to his fellow musicians. This scholarship is awarded to the NJCU music student who most exemplifies the characteristics of passion and dedication to music that were expressed by Chris. The first award will be presented to a full-time freshman music student in two equal payments for the fall and spring semesters.
Criteria for the award are:
An in-coming freshman or a transfer student with a 3.0 GPA in music and 2.75 overall GPA.
He or she must demonstrate ability as a musician.
The student may continue to receive the award annually (two equal payments), provided that he or she maintains a 2.75 overall GPA (3.0 in their major), remains enrolled as a full-time student, and receives the recommendation of the NJCU Music Department.
Preference of selection is given to Bass players or students enrolled in Jazz Composition
All instrumental performers may be considered so funds will be awarded each academic year.
Eligible students will be selected by the Chair of the NJCU Music Department in consultation with the Director of the Jazz program.
Recipient will be required to communicate with the donor upon receipt of the scholarship award.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- This scholarship is awarded to the NJCU music student who most exemplifies the characteristics of passion and dedication to music.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile