Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
86-01 23rd Avenue
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
- Scholarship Description
- These scholarships are awarded to students upon acceptance to a bachelor of science degree program at the College. To be considered, applicants must attain a cumulative high school average of at least a B and combined SAT1 score of at least 1000. Founders' Scholarships range between $500 and $6,000 per year and are awarded to students pursuing a full-time course of study. The awards may be renewable for up to four years of consecutive study, providing the recipient maintains a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Founders' Scholarships can be combined with Vaughn College Scholarships in each student's financial package. While Founders' Scholarships are based solely on academic accomplishments, Vaughn College Scholarships are based on a combination of academic, as well as financial need factors. Founders' scholarships are awarded in recognition of the contributions to the success of the College made by the following distinguished members of the College community:
?The Charles S. (Casey) Jones Scholarship is awarded in memory of one of our founders and the first president of the basic program from which the current curricula have evolved.
?The Lee D. Warrender Scholarship is awarded in the name of one of our founders and an engineer who developed the basic program from which current curricula have evolved.
?The B. Hunt Smith Scholarship is awarded to honor the pioneer aviation executive who provided extensive technical assistance in designing the College's laboratories.
?The Walter A. Neff Scholarship is awarded in honor of the airline executive and charter trustee who was responsible for laboratory equipment acquisition.
?The Elmer A. Sperry Scholarship is awarded in the name of the charter trustee and inventor who contributed substantially to aerial navigation.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- The awards may be renewable for up to four years of consecutive study, providing the recipient maintains a 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Founders' Scholarships can be combined with Vaughn College Scholarships in each student's financial package. While Founders' Scholarships are based solely on academic accomplishments, Vaughn College Scholarships are based on a combination of academic, as well as financial need factors.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile