Belmont Abbey College
100 Belmont-Mt Holly Road
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Felix Hintemeyer Scholarship
- Scholarship Description
- The Hintemeyer program is designed to foster the leadership potential of a select group of Catholic men and women. The program requires exemplary character; serious commitment to the truth and life of Catholicism; exceptionally strong self-motivation, initiative, and creativity; academic diligence and accomplishment; and employment of these qualities and abilities in the service of others. Throughout their four years in the program, Hintemeyer scholars strive to grow together in faith, virtue, and knowledge, and to discern through reflection and practice the nature of authentic Catholic leadership. Central to each participant's experience will be seminars on a variety of leadership and faith topics, communal prayer and participation in the sacraments, and regular student-generated service and leadership activities on and off campus, culminating junior year in a large-scale project of the student's own design. Students selected as Early Decision Hintemeyer Scholars will receive $20,000 per year in financial assistance, as compared to the $17,000 per year Regular Decision award. (This offer is inclusive of all scholarship and grants offered by Belmont Abbey College.) Eligibility: Minimum non-weighted grade point average of 3.5 or higher and a combined verbal and math SAT or ACT score of 1200. (For transfer students: A minimum 3.9 GPA and 24 credits.) The applicant must be an active Catholic leader to be eligible. A separate application and essay are required. (See application for further instructions.) Renewable for up to four years. Students must be full-time and maintain at least a 3.25 GPA.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Renewable for up to four years. Students must be full time and maintain at least a 3.25 GPA.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Must be an active Catholic leader.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile