Belmont Abbey College
100 Belmont-Mt Holly Road
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
- Scholarship Description
- The Honors Fellowship is awarded to students who are fortunate enough to be accepted into the Honors Institute of Belmont Abbey College. Inspired by Pope John Paul II and great Catholic educators, the Honors Institute is a four-year educational program which provides a truly liberal education through close analysis, clear exposition, and friendly discussion of great texts (Christian, classical, and modern). Prominent in this endeavor are the works of great theologians, spiritual writers, philosophers, poets, scientists, and master scholars. In a unique series of courses, seminars, and guided independent study, students learn to listen to authors, teachers and each other with what The Rule of St. Benedict calls "the ear of your heart." Students admitted to the Honors Institute will qualify for the Honors Fellowship. Recipients of this prestigious award will receive $20,000 in financial assistance. (This is inclusive of all other scholarship and grants offered through Belmont Abbey College.) Eligibility: Minimum non-weighted high school grade point average of 3.7 or higher and a combined SAT score of 1200 (with a minimum verbal score of 600). Students must reside on campus. Renewable for up to four years. Students must be full-time and maintain at least a 3.5 GPA.
Duration: Renewable for up to four years. Students must be full time and maintain at least a 3.5 GPA.
Eligibility: 3.7 or higher high school grade point average (unweighted.) 1200 SAT score (with a minimum verbal score of 600). Students must reside on campus.
Deadline: February 1.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Renewable for up to four years. Students must be full time and maintain at least a 3.5 GPA.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Must reside on campus.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile